Dear Church Family,
Because of the continuing Covid-19 pandemic, we have chosen to focus on one worship service each week at Grace Bible Church: our Sunday Morning Worship at 11:00 AM. Our other services (Sunday School, Sunday Evening, Wednesday Evening, and Ladies Saturday Morning) will remain suspended until we feel it is safe and appropriate to resume them.
We ask that you adhere to the following guidelines for our worship time together:
- Only one door will be open for entry to the building — the main entrance on the south side of the building. We encourage those who come to park on that side of the building.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on a table near the entrance so everyone can use it before entering the auditorium for the service, and whenever you feel you need it.
- We ask everyone to wear a mask upon entering the building and keep it on anytime you are not seated in the auditorium during the service itself. You may remove your mask during the actual worship service, but please put it back on after the service is over.
- It will be wonderful to be back together, and our inclination will be to show our love and welcome each other back, but to ensure that we keep everyone safe, we ask that you refrain from hugging or shaking hands and maintain social distancing, remaining 6 feet apart at all times (before, during, and after the service). Remember that an asymptomatic person does not have to cough or sneeze to spread COVID-19 into the air space around them.
- Family households may sit together during the service, but we ask that a 6 foot buffer be maintained between family groups when seated in the auditorium. Every other pew will be closed to help maintain this distance in front and back.
- There will be no nursery or children’s class provided. All children will sit with their families during the service.
- When the service is over, we ask that you do not linger in the auditorium or in the foyer, but that you go ahead and exit the building. If you want to speak with one another, it will be safer to do so outside where there is fresh air, sunshine, and more room to maintain social distancing.
- We will keep as many inside doors open as we can, to minimize contact with surfaces as much as possible. We will wipe down public surfaces (door handles, offering plates, etc.) before and after the service to try and keep everyone safe. Once again, hand sanitizer will be available in the building for your use when needed.
- We will not have congregational singing as part of the worship service, since singing can cause the virus to be spread more easily. However, we will try to include some form of music as a part of our time of worship together.
- Offering plates will not be passed during the service; instead, offering plates or an offering box will be available in the foyer for your use. You may also continue to donate to the church through our website or simply mail your offerings to the church (1450 Oak Hill Road, Fort Worth, TX 76112). We do appreciate your faithful support for this ministry of the Lord.
- To minimize the spread of the virus, no bulletins will be printed and no coffee or doughnuts will be provided.
- If you or anyone in your home is sick or exhibiting symptoms of any type of sickness (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, muscle or body aches, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) please say home!
- We don’t want to discourage anyone from coming, but if you consider yourself in the vulnerable or higher risk category (because of your age or underlying health conditions), or if you feel unsafe or unsure about being around others at this time, don’t feel pressured to come; please stay home and continue to view the services on-line. We completely understand!
- We will attempt to stream the service live on either Facebook or YouTube (though bear with us, this will be our first attempt to do this). We will also continue to make the Bible messages available on YouTube and on our website (www.gracebiblechurch-fw.com/).
- If at any time anyone who is part of our church family is diagnosed with COVID-19, please let us know as soon as possible. We will make every effort to respond appropriately to protect the health and safety of our congregation.
We are all part of one body of believers, the Church, the Body of Christ, however, we don’t all share the same viewpoint in regard to the handling of this continuing global pandemic. We need to maintain and display a spirit of unity and graciousness for one another during this time, even if we disagree on some things. We encourage everyone to pray for and seek ways to engage and connect with your church family, showing forth love for one another as brothers and sisters in Christ. We are living in difficult and uncertain times, for many reasons. Continue in prayer for our government leaders at every level that they may have wisdom to determine the course of our nation, for those who are suffering in so many ways during these hard times, and for those who unselfishly continue to serve others who are in need. Pray not just for their physical and emotional needs, but for their spiritual needs as well (1 Tim. 2:1-6).
If you have questions about any of the above guidelines, please let me know.
Love in Christ,
Gregg Bing, Pastor